page view counter
site search engine by freefind
Sub. Code: 4722
B.Sc. (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
Paper II – CHILD HEALTH NURSING
Q.P. Code : 664722
Time : Three hours Maximum : 75 marks
I. Essays: (2X15=30)
1. Master Mani, an 8 year old child is admitted with a diagnosis of Bronchial
a) Explain the pathophysiology of Bronchial Asthma
b) Write the medical management for Bronchial Asthma
c) Draw a nursing care plan for Master Mani
2. a) Define Leukemia
b) List out the types of Leukemia.
c) Describe the pathophysiology and clinical features of Leukemia.
d) Write the medical and nursing management of Leukemia.
II. Write Notes on : (5X 5 = 25)
1. Tetralogy of Fallot
2. Assessment of newborn
3. Club foot
5. Impact of hospitalization on the child and family.
III. Short Answer Questions: (10X 2 = 20)
1. List the types of Tracheo-oesophageal fistula and atresia
2. Define neonatal mortality rate.
3. List the National programs related to child health.
4. Classification of high risk newborn.
5. List any four principles of growth & development
6. Mention the types of spina bifida.
7. List the four types of restraints
8. Enumerate two signs of meningitis
9. Mention four clinical manifestations of Respiratory distress syndrome
10.Mention four major manifestations of rheumatic fever.