site search engine by freefind
page view counter
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ileoceacal junction is part of which organ-
c. Small intestine
2. Ampulla of vater is the connection between
a. Stomach and oesophagus
b. Pancrese and duodenum
c. Pancrese and gall bladder
d. Pylorus and fundas of stomach
3. Intestinal villi help in-
4. All are the function of small intestine except-
a. Neutralization of food
b. Bowel movement
c. Mechanical digestion
d. Secrete gastric juice
5. Which is the shortest part of small intestine-
6. The approximate length of small intestine in cm is . .
7. Small intestine is also known as. . .
8. Belching means…………
9. Shape of stomach is……….J alphabet of English.
10. Which part of small intestine is C in shape-
11. Ceacum and appendix part of large intestine is located at-
a. Right iliac fossa
b. Left iliac fossa
c. Right hypochondrium
d. Left lumbar region
12. Appendix is connected with-
13. Gastric juice consist of-
c. Pepsin & Renin
14. How many sphincters are present in anus….
15. Transverse colon is lies between--
a. Ascending colon and sigmoid colon
b. Ascending colon and rectum
c. Ascending colon and descending colon
d. Stomach and duodenum
16. All are the structures surrounding the stomach except-
b. Gall bladder
17. Stomach occupies all regions of abdominal cavity except-
a. Umbilical region
b. Epigatric region
c. Left Hypochondriac region
d. Right Iliac fossa
18. What is the length of large intestine?
a. 25 cm
b. 150 cm
c. 250 cm
d. 350 cm
19. Which part of small intestine has the maximum length?
20. Rectosigmoid junction is prepsent between…
21. Which of the following is an unpaired bone:-
b. Nasal bone
22. Defecation is the process of passing-
23. Dark brown color of stool is because of-
b. Pepcin and rennin
c. E. Coli bacteria
d. Pepsinogen and gastric juice
24. Enlist the names of accessory organs of the GI system-
25. All are the layers of tooth except-
26. Write the names of the curvatatures of stomach.
27. Write the names of sphincters present in stomach?
28. Which is not the layer of GI tract?
29. Write the names of papillae present on the tongue.
30. Greater omentum is attached below to….
a. Ascending colon and
b. Transverse colon
31. All are tastes perceived by tongue except:-
32. All are the functions of GI System except-
33. Write the names of the cavities present in the human being?
34. Total number of facial bones in skull?
35. Which one of the following is a paired bone?
36. All are salivary glands except-
a. Parotid gland
c. Submandibular gland
d. Sublingual gland
37. Which salivary gland is situated under the tongue-
a. Parotid gland
b. Gluteal gland
c. Submandibular gland
d. Sublingual gland
38. Saliva consist of water in percentage-
39. What is the length ratio between large and small intestine?
40. What is the meaning of stenosis-----
41. What is the meaning of the medical term "tomy" ?
42. Inflammation of appendix is known as………..
43. Blood in stool is known as………….
44. Lack of appetite is also known as……….
45. Liver is located on-
a. Right side of body
b. Left side of body
c. Above cranial Cavity
d. Inside to pelvic cavity
46. Cross match column A with column B--- (5 marks)
Column A Answer Column B
2.Inferior b. Nearer to center
3.Lateral c. Above
4.Distal d. Farther from center
5.Proximal e. Below
47. Cross match column A with column B--- (7 marks)
Column A Column B
a.-itis 1.A new permanent opening
b.-lysis 2.Destruction, break down
e. Homo- 5.Cutting into, incision
f. Hepato 6.Lungs
g. Pulmo 7.Liver
48. Cross match column A with column B---
Column A Column B
1.Mycology a. Foetus
2.Embryology b. Muscle
3.Cytology c. Brain
5.Osteology e. Tissue
6.Neurology f. Bone
7. Myology g. Tissue
49. Bile is secreted by----
50 Secretion of insulin is the function of-
c. Gall bladder
51. Function of goblet cell is……….
a. Secrete stool
b. secrete digestive juice
c. secrete mucus
d. Regulate insulin secretion
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The C shaped duodenum
Question No. 6
answer : 625 cm
answer : Small bowel
answer : expel wind noisily from the stomach through the mouth.
answer : J - Shaped
answer : Right iliac fossa
answer : Caecum
answer : d. All
answer : b. 2 : Internal sphincter and external sphincter
answer : c. between ascending colon and descending colon
answer : d cranium
answer : d. Right iliac fossa
answer : 150 cm
I L E U M is part of small intestine; I L I U M is part of hip bone
answer : Rectum and Sigmoid colon
Question No. 1
answer : Small intestine
answer : Pancreas and duodenum
Ampulla of Vater, known as the hepatopancreatic ampulla/the hepatopancreatic duct, is formed by the
union of the pancreatic duct and the common bile duct. It is located at the major duodenal papilla.
answer : d. Secrete gastric juice
answer : Absorption
answer : b. Duodenum
answer : Duodenum
answer :d. Ethmoid
The ethmoid bone an unpaired bone in the skull that separates the nasal cavity from the brain.
Located at the roof of the nose, between the two orbits.
The ethmoid bone is one of the bones that make up the orbit of the eye.
Question No. 27
answer : 1. Lower esophageal/Cardiac sphincter 2. Pyloric sphincter
answer : Frenulum
answer : b. Transverse colon
answer : d. Purification
Question No. 34
answer : b. 14
answer : c. Zygomatic
answer : b.Gluteal gland
answer : a. 95
answer : a. 4.16
answer : d. Narrowing
answer : c. cutting, incision, cutting and opening
Question No. 22
answer : c. passing stool
answer : a. Stercobilin
answer d. Cementum
Question No 24
Accessory digestive organs help digestion but are not parts of
the digestive tract. The accessory digestive organs are the
tongue, salivary glands, pancreas, liver, and gallbladder.
answers : Greater curvature & Lesser curvature
answer : d. Dozzy
answer : Melena or bloody stool. When the stools appear black and is sticky.
When the blood in the stool is red and is seen clearly it is called bloody
When the blood in the stool is not seen and is hidden and has to be found out by a lab test it is called occult blood in the stool. Occult
The blood from a bleeding from upper GIT gets digested by hydrochloric acid and other enzymes of the upper GIT and color changes; this changed blood is called altered blood.
Question No. 49
answer : D. Liver
Question No. 51
c. Secrete Mucus
answer : a. Illness
answer : c. Air borne disease
caused by the gram negative bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis
d. School age
answer : a 30 minutes
Status epilepticus (SE) is a single epileptic seizure lasting more than five minutes or two or more seizures
within a five-minute period without the person returning to normal between them.
Previous definitions used a 30-minute time limit
answer : C. Acute respiratory distress syndrome
answer : d. 95 cm
answer : a.. Teaching
answer : Caseous necrosis
answer : c. Granulation tissue
answer : a. right side of body; It occupies right hypochondrium and epigastrium; mainly right hypochondrium
Question No. 47
a. itis - 1. Inflammation
b. Lysis - 2 Destruction, breakdown
c. ostomy - 1. A new permanent opening
d. otomy - 5. cutting into, incision
e. Homo - 4. Same
f. Hepato - 7. Liver
g. Pulmo - 6. lungs
1. Superior - c. Above
2. Inferior - e. Below
3. Lateral - a. side . to one side of median plane
4. Distal - Farther from center; situated away from centre of the body or farther from the point of attachment.
5. Proximal - Nearer to center; situated nearer to centre of the body or nearer to the point of attachment.
1. Mycology - h. fungus
2. Embryology - a. Foetus
3. Cytology - d. Cell
4. Histology - e. Tissue
5. Osteology - f. Bone
6. Neurology - c. Brain
7. Myology - b. Muscle
answer : a. Human relationship
Question No. 63
answer a. Right atrium
Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) is a polypeptide hormone which reduces an expanded extracellular fluid (ECF) volume by increasing renal sodium excretion.
ANP is synthesized, secreted, and released by heart muscle cells (myocytes) in the atrial wall.
Stercobilin is the breakdown-product of heme moiety of hemoglobin (moiety = molecular part) in erythrocytes.
Macrophages break down old erythrocytes and break the heme down into biliverdin,
Biliverdin reduces to free bilirubin.
Bilirubin binds tightly to plasma proteins (especially albumin) in the blood stream and is transported to the liver.
In the liver bilirubin is conjugated with glucuronic acid and becomes bilirubin diglucuronide
Bilirubin diglucuronide is secreted into the small intestine as bile.
In the small intestine, bilirubin glucuronide is converted to colorless urobilinogen.
Urobilinogen that remains in the colon gets reduced to stercobilinogen
Urobilinogen gets oxidized to stercobilin,
Stercobilin is responsible for the brown color of human feces. S
In obstructive jaundice, no bilirubin reaches the small intestine, and there is no formation of stercobilin. The lack of stercobilin and other bile pigments causes feces to become clay-colored.
answer : d. Sublingual gland
answer : Appendicitis
itis is a post-fix meaning inflammation; conunctivitis means inflmmation of the conjunctiva; Stomatitis means inflmmation of the mouth; glossitis