site search engine by freefind
page view counter
Q.P. CODE: 302010 Reg. No: …...
Third Year B.Sc Nursing Degree Supplementary Examinations
Child Health Nursing
Time: 3 Hrs Max. Marks: 75
Answer all questions
Draw diagram wherever necessary
1. List the types of Tracheo-oesophageal fistula. Explain the clinical manifestations and discuss briefly the pre–operative nursing management of a neonate with tracheo-oesophageal fistula (5+4+6=15)
2. Differentiate between child nursing and adult nursing. Discuss the nurse’s role in minimizing the stress of toddler during illness and hospitalization (7+8=15)
Short Notes (5x5=25)
3. Clinical features and management of haemophilia
4. Medical & nursing management of a child with diabetes mellitus
5. Types and surgical management of ano-rectal malformation
6. Nursing care of a neonate with hyperbilirubinemia
7. Baby friendly hospital initiative.
Give reasons for the following (5x2=10)
8. Projectile vomiting in infants with hypertrophic pyloric stenosis
9. Head end elevation is recommended for a child with head injury.
10. The preferred site for intramuscular injection for infants is the vastus lateralis muscle.
11. Chorea in children with rheumatic fever
12. Squatting position is assumed by children with tetralogy of fallot
Differentiate between (5x2=10)
13. Communicating and non- communicating hydrocephalus.
14. Atrial septal defect and ventricular septal defect.
15. Solitary play and associative play
16. Physiologic jaundice and pathologic jaundice
17. Encephalocele and omphalocele
* * * * * * * * * *