site search engine by freefind
page view counter
Q.P. CODE: 302010 Reg. No: ……...
Third Year B.Sc Nursing Degree Examinations
Child Health Nursing
Time: 3 Hrs Max. Marks: 75
Answer all questions
Draw diagram wherever necessary
1. Define growth and development. Discuss the principles and the factors affecting growth & development. (2+6+7=15)
2. Define rheumatic fever. List the clinical manifestations and state the medical management.
Discuss the nursing management of a child with rheumatic fever (2+4+2+7=15)
Short Notes (5x5=25)
3. Clinical features and management of dengue fever.
4. Management of acute glomerular nephritis
5. Clinical features and management of pyloric stenosis
6. Meconium aspiration syndrome
7. Importance of play in children
Give reasons for the following (5x2=10)
8. Sudden exposure to noise and light must be minimised for a child with meningitis.
9. Low birth weight babies are prone to hypothermia
10. The eyes and genitals of a neonate should be shielded during phototherapy.
11. Head end elevation should be given for a child with gastro-oesophageal reflux disease.
12. Oral rehydration solution is recommended for a child with diarrhoea.
Differentiate between (5x2=10)
13. Bronchitis and bronchiolitis
14. Epispadias and hypospadias
15. Bacterial and tuberculous meningitis
16. Down’s syndrome and Turner’s syndrome
17. Meningocele and menigomyelocele
* * * * * * * * *