site search engine by freefind
page view counter
Q.P. CODE: 302010 Reg. No: ……...
Third Year B.Sc Nursing Degree Examinations
Child Health Nursing
Time: 3 Hrs Max. Marks: 75
Answer all questions
Draw diagram wherever necessary
1. Define bronchial asthma. Explain the pathophysiology. Enumerate the clinical manifestations.
Describe the nursing management of a child with bronchial asthma. (2+4+3+6=15)
2. Define infancy. Enumerate the growth and development during infancy. Discuss nurses role in the prevention of accidents during infancy (2+6+7=15)
Short Notes (5x5=25)
3. Etiology and pathophysiology of rheumatic fever
4. Wilm’s tumor
5. Low birth weight baby
6. Rights of children
7. Management of Hirschsprungs disease
Give reasons for the following (5x2=10)
8. Babies of diabetic mothers are prone to hypoglycaemia
9. Pulse rate should be monitored before administering digoxin.
10. Chocking in newborns with trachea-oesophageal fistula
11. Children should not be physically restrained during convulsions.
12. Careful feeding is needed in an infant with cleft lip and palate
Differentiate between (5x2=10)
13. Term and preterm neonate
14. Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
15. Meningocele and myelomeningocele
16. Phenylketonuria and galactosemia
17. Emphysema and empyema
* * * * * * * * *