site search engine by freefind
page view counter
QP CODE: 106011 Reg. No:….
First Year Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Supplementary Examinations
Time: 3 Hours Total Marks: 75
Answer all questions
Essay : (20)
1. Mrs. Y. has come to the labour room at 38 weeks of gestation. She is in true labour. Abdominal palpation reveals that the foetal position is left occipito posterior (LOP).
Answer the following questions :
Describe the mechanism of left occipito-posterior position.
Explain the nursing care of Mrs.Y during the first stage of labour.
(10+10 = 20)
Short notes: (5x7=35)
2. Maternal morbidity and mortality
3. Foetal skull
4. Clinical features of ectopic pregnancy
5. Diet in pregnancy
6. Nursing care of a woman 24 hours after delivery
Differentiate between: (5x3=15)
7. Clinical manifestations of abruptio placenta - placenta praevia
8. Physical characteristics of a normal newborn baby - premature baby
9. Lower uterine segment cesarean section (LSCS) - classical cesarean section (CS)
10. Primary infertility - secondary infertility
11. Inversion of uterus - involution of uterus
Define the following: (5x1=5)
13. Jacquemier’s sign
14. Birth injury
15. Anemia in pregnancy
16. Puerperal sepsis
* * * * * * * * * *