site search engine by freefind
page view counter
Q.P. CODE: 201010 Reg. No: …………
Second Year B.Sc Nursing Degree Supplementary Examinations
Medical Nursing Including Pathology
Time: 3 Hrs Max. Marks: 75
Answer all questions
Draw diagram wherever necessary
1. Mr. T, 60 years old agricultural worker is admitted with a history of snake bite:
List the four major poisonous snakes in India.
What are the signs and symptoms seen in case of neurotoxic envenomation.
Describe the first aid measures after a snake bite.
Describe the medical treatment for this patient with neurotoxic symptoms. (2+4+4+5=15)
2. Mr. A, 55 years old chronic smoker is admitted with the diagnosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
What are the diseases included in COPD and describe the diagnostic tests to confirm the diagnosis.
Explain the pathophysiology.
Prepare a nursing care plan for this patient with nursing assessment for three priority problems. (2+3+4+6=15)
Short Notes (6x5=30)
3. Factors causing diseases
4. Steps in nursing process
6. Hepatitis- A
7. Angina pectoris
8. Nephrotic syndrome
Nurse’s role for the following (3x3= 9)
9. Chest physiotherapy
10. Electro encephalogram
11. Intravenous pyelography (IVP)
Give reasons for the following (3x2=6)
12. Sodium restricted diet in hypertension
13.Patients should be on NPO status before gastroscopy
14. Ensuring that food is available before administering insulin.
* * * * * *