site search engine by freefind
page view counter
Q.P. CODE: 201010 Reg. No: ………...
Second Year B.Sc Nursing Degree Examinations
Medical Nursing Including Pathology
Time: 3 Hrs Max. Marks: 75
Answer all questions
Draw diagram wherever necessary
1. Mr. Ranganath a chronic smoker aged 65 years admitted with breathlessness is diagnosed as a case of COPD. Define COPD and list the causes of COPD.
Discuss the findings on respiratory assessment. Explain the nursing care of this patient using nursing process approach. (1+3+4+7=15)
2. Mr. X is admitted as a case of hepatic encephalopathy. Define hepatic encephalopathy and
explain its pathophysiology in brief. Discuss the medical management. Prepare a nursing care
plan for four priority nursing problems (1+3+4+7=15)
Short Notes (6x5=30)
3. Thyroid crisis
4. DOTS therapy in tuberculosis
5. Renal biopsy
6. Cardiogenic shock
8. Health education to a patient with hepatitis- B
Nurse’s role for the following procedures (3x3= 9)
9. Lumbar puncture
10. Liver biopsy
11. Blood transfusion
Give reasons for the following (3x2=6)
12. Urine output is closely monitored in a patient with acute gastroenteritis
13. Patient with meningitis is preferably nursed in a room with dim lights.
14. After cardiac catheterization, the limb used for cannulation is immobilized.