site search engine by freefind
page view counter
Q.P. CODE: 303010 Reg. No: …...
Third Year B.Sc Nursing Degree Supplementary Examinations
Mental Health Nursing
Time: 3 Hrs Max. Marks: 75
Answer all questions
Draw diagram wherever necessary
. Describe the signs and symptoms of schizophrenia. Discuss the nursing management of patient with paranoid schizophrenia based on nursing process. (2+5+8)
2. Define somatoform disorders. Describe the signs and symptoms of somatisation disorders.
Prepare a nursing care plan for a patient with somatoform disorder. (2+5+8)
Short Notes (5x5=25)
3. Nutrition plan for a patient with anorexia nervosa.
4. Counselling for HIV positive patient.
5. Clinical manifestations of
6. Specific nursing considerations for a patient on sodium valproate treatment.
7. Phases of therapeutic nurse-patient relationship.
Give reasons for the following (5x2=10)
8. Serum lithium estimation should be done 12 hours after the last dose.
9. Relaxation training is an essential step in systematic desensitization.
10. Do not leave the suicidal attempted clients unattended .
11. Termination of a therapeutic relationship is a critical experience for some patients.
12. Nurse would instruct the patient to change position slowly when he is on tricyclic antidepressant.
Differentiate between (5x2=10)
13. Epileptic seizures and Pseudo seizures
14. Trans-sexualism and Transvestism
15. Depersonalization and Derealisation
16. Obsession and Compulsion
17. Transference and Counter transference
* * * * * * * * * *