site search engine by freefind
page view counter
Q.P. CODE: 303010 Reg. No: ……...
Third Year B.Sc Nursing Degree Supplementary Examinations
Mental Health Nursing
Time: 3 Hrs Max. Marks: 75
Answer all questions
Draw diagram wherever necessary
1. What are the causes of substance abuse. Describe the clinical features of
. Explain nursing management of a patient with delirium tremens. (2+5+8)
2. Explain etiology of schizophrenia. Describe clinical features of catatonic schizophrenia and add a note on nursing management for a patient with catatonic schizophrenia. (4+5+6)
Short Notes (5x5=25)
3. Explain multi-disciplinary team.
4. Explain rights of mentally ill patients.
5. Describe in detail the activities of national mental health program.
6. Describe various mental health services available for mentally ill patients.
7. What is group therapy. Explain therapeutic factors involved in group therapy.
Give reasons for the following (5x2=10)
8. Patient should be warned about driving a car or operating machinery when first treated with antipsychotics
9. Injection atropine is given to patients before ECT
10. Patients on monoamineoxidase inhibitors should be warned against the danger of ingesting tyramine rich foods
11. Monitoring of WBC count is essential in the first few weeks of clozapine treatment
12. Violent patient should be placed in less stimulating environment and unchallenging environment
Differentiate between (5x2=10)
13. Illusion and Hallucination
14. Denial and Displacement
15. Therapeutic relationship and Social relationship
16. Transference and Counter transference
17. Empathy and Sympathy
* * * * * * * * * *