site search engine by freefind
page view counter
Q.P. CODE: 303010 Reg. No: ………
Third Year B.Sc Nursing Degree Examination
Mental Health Nursing
Time: 3 Hrs Max. Marks: 75
Answer all questions
Draw diagram wherever necessary
1. Explain the development task of old age according to Erikson’s theory of psychosocial
development. Describe two mental health problems of old age. List the areas of care, a nurse
can teach the family members. (3+5+7)
bipolar affective disorder
. Enlist steps of history collections and mental status
examination of bipolar affective disorder client. (3+5+7)
Short Notes (5x5=25)
3. Disulfiram and alcohol reaction.
4. Members and functions of mental health team.
5. Clinical features of delirium
6. Nurses special consideration of a patient on haloperidol treatment.
7. Types of auditory hallucinations with examples.
Give reasons for the following (5x2=10)
8. Four reasons for relapse of mental disorders.
9. Patients on tablet chlorpromazine should avoid direct exposure to sunlight
10. Psychiatric nurse should learn legal aspects.
11.Therapeutic relationship is the basis for psychiatric nursing care
12. Only primary prevention can reduce number of psychiatric patients.
Differentiate between (5x2=10)
13. Circumstantiality and Confabulation
14. Catatonia and Waxy flexibility
15. Insomnia and Hypersomnia.
16. Depression and Mania.
17. Flight of ideas and Neologism
* * * * * * * *