site search engine by freefind
page view counter
CODE: 001810 Reg.No. ........
First Vear B.Sc Nursing Degree Supplementary Examinations
Time: 3 Hours Total Marks: 100
Answer All Questions
1. Define nursing. Explain the roles of a professional nurse. Describe Orem's self care
deficit theory. (1+4+5=10)
2. Define urinary retention. Explain the principles of urinary catheterization. Describe the
nurse's role in urinary catheterization. (1+4+5=10)
Short notes: (10x5=50)
3. Stages of illness behaviour.
4. Factors affecting blood pressure.
5. Admission procedure.
6. Nurse's role in oxygen administration by nasal canula.
7. Ten rights of medication administration
8. Phases of helping relationship.
9. Sitz bath
10. Positioning bedridden clients.
11. Sites of intra muscular injection.
12. First aid in drowning.
Differentiate between the following: (5x3=15)
13. Instillation - Inhalation.
14. Insomnia - Parasomnia.
15. Eupnea - Apnea.
16. Beneficence - Non maleficence.
17. Rigor mortis - Algor mortis.
List down the following: (5x3=15)
18. Six basic elements of communication process.
19. Six essential parts of a medication order.
20. Six guidelines for documentation in nursing.
21. Six standard precautions for infection control.
22. Six indications of gastric lavage.
* * * * * * * * * *