site search engine by freefind
page view counter
QP CODE: 108010 Reg.No.:………
First Year B.Sc Nursing Degree Examinations
Time: 3 Hours Total Marks: 100
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS.
1. Define first aid and enumerate the qualities of a first aider. Explain the first aid to a client with food poisoning. (1+4+5=10)
2. Define catheterization and mention the indications of catheterization. Explain the nursing management of a client with continuous bladder drainage. (1+4+5=10)
Short notes: (10x5=50)
3. Nurse’s role in collection of specimen.
4. Factors affecting pulse rate.
5. Prevention of bed sore.
6. Steam inhalation.
7. Nursing measures to improve appetite.
8. Care of unconscious patient.
9. Code of ethics.
10. Ryles tube feeding.
11. Biomedical waste management.
12. Care of patient with constipation.
Differentiate between the following: (5x3=15)
13. Palpation and percussion.
14. Source isolation and protective isolation.
15. Dysphagia and dysuria.
16. Innunction and instillation.
17. Record and report.
List down the following: (5x3=15)
18. Six positions and its purposes.
19. Six indications of hot application.
20. Six elements of communication process.
21. Six factors affecting blood pressure.
22. Six complications of intravenous infusion.
* * * * * * * * * * * *