site search engine by freefind
page view counter
QP CODE: 108010 Reg.No.:………
First Year B.Sc Nursing Degree Examinations
Time: 3 Hours Total Marks: 100
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS.
1. Define oxygen inhalation and mention the indications of oxygen inhalation. Explain the role of nurse in oxygen administration. (1+4+5=10)
2. Define profession. Enumerate the characteristics of a profession. Discuss whether nursing is a profession. (1+4+5=10)
Short notes: (10x5=50)
3. Nutritional assessment.
4. Health care team.
5. Characteristics of therapeutic environment.
6. Importance of records.
7. Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.
8. First aid to a client with food poisoning.
9. Complications of immobility.
10. Hot water bag application.
12. Nursing management of a client with fluid volume deficit.
Differentiate between the following: (5x3=15)
13. Constipation and faecal impaction.
14. Irrigation and instillation.
15. Concurrent disinfection and terminal disinfection.
16. Pulse deficit and pulse pressure.
17. Sign and symptom.
List the following: (5x3=15)
18. Six comfort devices and its purposes.
19. Six principles of medicine administration.
20. Six complications of neglected mouth.
21. Six indications of gastric lavage.
22. Six benefits of exercise.
* * * * * * * * * * *