site search engine by freefind
page view counter
First Year B.Sc Nursing Degree Examinations
NUTRITION AND BIOCHEMISTRY
Q P Code: 104010
Time: 3 Hours Maximum Marks: 75
Answer all questions
Write section A(52 Pages) and section B(32 Pages) in separate answer books.
Do not mix up questions from section A and section B.
1. Explain the national programs related to nutrition in detail.
Short notes (5x5=25)
2. Water balance.
3. Functions of carbohydrates.
4. Functions of vitamin D.
5. Discuss the importance of nutrition during adolescence period.
6. Food additives and food adulteration.
Answer Briefly (5x3=15)
7. Uses of five food group system
8. Define basal metabolic rate. Mention any two factors affecting BMR.
9. Food preservation.
10. Types of menus
11. Prevention of food adulteration act.
Q P Code: 105010
Section B – Biochemistry
1. Name the ketone bodies. Explain how ketone bodies are synthesized and utilized in our
body. Add a note on diabetic ketoacidosis.
Short notes (2x5=10)
2. Digestion of carbohydrate.
3. Phenyl ketonuria
Define the following (5x1=5)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *