site search engine by freefind
page view counter
First Year B.Sc Nursing Degree Supplementary Examinations
NUTRITION AND BIOCHEMISTRY
Time: 3 Hours Maximum Marks: 75
• Answer all questions
• Write section A and section B in separate answer books. Do not mix up questions from section A and section B.
Section A – Nutrition (Marks:50)
Q P Code: 104010
1. Explain the importance of nutrients during pregnancy. Add a note on balanced diet for
Short notes (5x5=25)
2. Functions of proteins.
3. Principles of cooking
4. Vitamin A deficiency diseases.
5. Classification of lipids.
6. Factors influencing meal planning.
Answer Briefly (5x3=15)
7. Water deprivation
9. Nutritional problems during adolescence
10. Integrated child development scheme
11. Recommended daily allowance
Section B – Biochemistry (Marks:25)
Q P Code: 105010
1. Mention the normal value of blood glucose. Explain in detail about the regulation of
blood glucose. Add a note on oral glucose tolerance test
Short notes (2x5=10)
2. Urea cycle
Define the following (5x1=5)
6. Conjugated protein