site search engine by freefind
page view counter
Q.P. CODE: 203010 Reg. No: ……...
Second Year B.Sc Nursing Degree Supplementary Examinations
Time: 3 Hrs Max. Marks: 75
Answer all questions
Draw diagram wherever necessary
1. Classify oral hypoglycaemic drugs. Explain the mechanism of action and adverse effects of sulfonylureas.
What instructions will you give to a patient regarding the drug treatment of diabetes mellitus. (4+6+5=15)
2. Name four drugs belonging to different groups used for the treatment of bronchial asthma.
Mention two specific adverse effects of inhalational gluco-corticoids. What advice will you give to a patient regarding the drug treatment of bronchial asthma. (2+3+5=10)
Short notes on the following giving emphasis on nursing implications (5x5=25)
4. Mood stabilizers
5. Penicillin G
6. Proton pump inhibitors
7. Beta blockers
Dosage calculation (5)
8. Thiopentone sodium 2.5% needs to be given to a woman weighing 50 kg. Dose to be given is 5mg/kg body weight.
What is the required volume of drug for injection.
Differentiate between (4x3=12)
9. Heparin and warfarin
10. Chemical name and generic name
11. Bioavailability and biotransformation
12. Intra venous and intra muscular routes of administration
Define the following (4x2=8)
14. Pro drug
15. Inotropic drugs
* * * * * * * * * * *