page view counter
site search engine by freefind
Sub. Code: 4734
B.Sc (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
Paper IV – MANAGEMENT OF NURSING SERVICES AND EDUCATION
Q.P. Code : 664734
Time : Three hours Maximum : 75 marks
I. Elaborate on: (2X15=30)
1. a) What do you mean by leadership style?
b) Explain the various types of leadership in nursing.
2. a) Define budgeting and enlist the types of budgets.
b) Write in detail on communication skills.
II. Write Notes on: (5X 5 = 25)
1. Enlist the levels of management.
2. Describe the philosophy and objectives of staffing in nursing
3. Discuss the steps of evaluation of an educational programme.
4. Write down the steps in problem solving
5. List the objectives and elements of progressive patient care.
III. Short Answer Questions: (10X 2 = 20)
1. Write four characteristics of a professional nurse
2. Define supervision
3. Define continuing education
4. Define triage
5. Write any three advantages of collective bargaining.
6. Enlist any three principles of co- ordination.
7. Four purposes of nursing audit
8. What is the importance of standards?
9. Define the term job description
10. List out four characteristics of planning.