page view counter
site search engine by freefind
Subject code 4746
B.Sc (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(Revised/ Modified Regulations)
Third Year / Fifth semester
Paper I – Mental Health Nursing
Time: Three Hours Maximum: 75 marks
Answer All Questions
I. Essays: (2 x 15 = 30)
1. a) Define Schizophrenia
b) Write the signs and symptoms of schizophrenia (3)
c) Classify common clinical types of schizophrenia (2)
d) Draw a nursing care plan for a patient with schizophrenia (8)
2. a) Define mental status examination. (2)
b) List down the components of mental status examination. (3)
c) Discuss the role of a nurse in mental status examination. (10)
II. Write Notes on: (5 x 5 = 25)
1. Therapeutic communication.
2. Family Therapy
4. National Mental Health Programme
5. Rights of mentally ill patient
III. Short Answer Questions: (10 x 2 = 20)
1. What is delusion?
2. McNaughton’s rule.
3. Name two types of epilepsy
4. List four types of hallucinations
5. Define stress
6. Define rationalization
7. Define flight of ideas
8. List the four phases of therapeutic relationship.
9. Define anti – psychotics.
10.What is post – traumatic stress disorder?
* * * * * * * * * *