4. Vessels and ducts of liver (hepatic artery, right hepatic artery and left hepatic artery, hepatic veins, portal vein)
5. The names of the serum proteins. (albumin, globulin)
6. Two examples of Toxin producing organisms. (haemolytic streptococcus strain A, clostridium tetani)
Write down the place of situation of the following:-
1. Wharton's duct. (submandibular gland)
2. Obturator foramen (bony pelvis)
3. Mastoid antrum (temporal bone)
4. Choroid (eye ball)
5. Axons (nerve)
Define "sterilization" - Classify physical methods of Sterilization. Give one example of each method.
List out the endocrine glands and their respective secretions. (pituitary - growth hormone, trophic hormones like ACTH, TSH. Thyroid - thyroxine. Parathyroid - parathormone. Adrenals - epinephrin and nor epinephrin; glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids. Testis - testosterone)
Answer any five of the following:-
1. The quantity of bile secreted per day.
2. The blood vessels of the heart.
4. The movements of the shoulder joint.
5. Enzymes acting on starch foods.
6. Secondary sexual characteristics of Female.
Define "Cross Infection" As a nurse, what are your responsibilities and measures to prevent "Hospital Acquired Infection"?
Fill up the blanks with suitable and correct words:-
1. Two parts of auditory nerve are --- - - - (vestibular & cochlear : position sense and hearing sense)
2. The smallest microbe is --- - - - - - -- - - (virus)
3. Leprosy is otherwise called --- - - - - - -- (Hansen's Disease)
4. The name of the rectovaginal pouch is -- (Douglas Pouch)
5. Calcium level in the blood and bone is determined by --- - (Parathormone)
6. The functional Unit of urinary system is --- (Nephron)
7. An example of common blood parasite is --- - - (Malarial parasite : Plasmodium falciparum, Plasmodium ovale, Plasmodium vivax)
8. Infection transmitted by medical professionals is called as --- (Nosocomial infection)
9. An example of hypoglycemic agent in the body is --- ( Insulin)